Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Martijn Visser <ma...@ververica.com> on 2021/12/08 16:03:35 UTC

[DISCUSS] Deprecate MapR FS

Hi all,

Flink supports multiple file systems [1] which includes MapR FS. MapR as a
company doesn't exist anymore since 2019, the technology and intellectual
property has been sold to Hewlett Packard.

I don't think that there's anyone who's using MapR anymore and therefore I
think it would be good to deprecate this for Flink 1.15 and then remove it
in Flink 1.16. Removing this from Flink will slightly shrink the codebase
and CI runtime.

I'm also cross posting this to the User mailing list, in case there's still
anyone who's using MapR.

Best regards,

Martijn

[1]
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-stable/docs/deployment/filesystems/overview/

Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecate MapR FS

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
+1 for dropping the MapR Fs.

Best
Yun Tang
________________________________
Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
+1 for dropping the MapR Fs.

Best
Yun Tang
________________________________

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@ververica.com>.
Thanks everyone. We've moved forward with removing the MapR file system in
Flink 1.15.

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chang Li <li...@gmail.com>.
+1 for dropping the MapR FS.