Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Martens, Jason" <jm...@cityofevanston.org> on 2003/06/02 18:02:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Authentication using mod_auth_ldap and IP

We have an internal web site, and I want to allow all internal users
access without logging in by granting access to 10.*.  But I also want
to allow external access by logging in with mod_auth_ldap.  Is there
some way to have an authentication scheme like this (pseudo code):

If 10.* allow
Else require valid-user

Thanks!
Jason Martens

Re: [users@httpd] Authentication using mod_auth_ldap and IP

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Martens, Jason wrote:

> We have an internal web site, and I want to allow all internal users
> access without logging in by granting access to 10.*.  But I also want
> to allow external access by logging in with mod_auth_ldap.  Is there
> some way to have an authentication scheme like this (pseudo code):
>
> If 10.* allow
> Else require valid-user

This is what the Satisfy directive is for:

Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 10.

# Other auth directives go here
require valid-user

# Enforce either requirement
Satisfy any

--
Nothing is perfekt. Certainly not me.
Success to failure. Just a matter of degrees.