Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ajay Garg <aj...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/15 07:51:03 UTC

Possible to restore ENTIRE data from Cassandra-Schema in one go?

Hi All.

We have a schema on one Cassandra-node, and wish to duplicate the
entire schema on another server.
Think of this a 2 clusters, each cluster containing one node.

We have found the way to dump/restore schema-metainfo at ::

https://dzone.com/articles/dumpingloading-schema

And dumping/restoring data at ::

http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/operations/ops_backup_takes_snapshot_t.html
http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/operations/ops_backup_snapshot_restore_t.html

For the restoring data step, it seems that restoring every "table"
requires a dedicated step.
So, if the schema has 100 "tables", we would need 100 steps.

Is it so? If yes, can the entire data be dumped/restored in one go?
Just asking, to save time, if it could :)

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay

Re: Possible to restore ENTIRE data from Cassandra-Schema in one go?

Posted by Ajay Garg <aj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mam for the reply.

I guess there is manual work needed to bring all the SSTables files
into one directory, so doesn't really solve the purpose I guess. So,
going the "vanilla" way might be simpler :)

Thanks anyways for the help !!!

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay

Posted by Neha Dave <ne...@gmail.com>.