Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/13 17:52:40 UTC

cleaning up branches...

The use of branches is kinda confusing on ServiceMix...
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx3/branches/

AFAIK the main active branch is the 3.2 one - anything of the form
3.X.X is really just a release tag and not a branch right?

How about we zap all the 3.X.X branches (since there are tagged
releases of those versions anyway)?

Then its a bit more clear that all bug fixes go into the 3.2 branch

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: cleaning up branches...

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1
The 3.x.x branches were used because the release process involves
manually updating
some files, so the release could be done without being worried of what
trunk contains.
They should be removed.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: cleaning up branches...

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 13, 2008 9:52 AM, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The use of branches is kinda confusing on ServiceMix...
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx3/branches/
>
> AFAIK the main active branch is the 3.2 one - anything of the form
> 3.X.X is really just a release tag and not a branch right?
>
> How about we zap all the 3.X.X branches (since there are tagged
> releases of those versions anyway)?
>
> Then its a bit more clear that all bug fixes go into the 3.2 branch

Fine by me. I'm not clear as to why there are so many branches for
minor versions anyway. Let's wait until Guillaume is back from
vacation next week before we clobber anything so we can verify with
him.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/