Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/13 15:40:10 UTC

HEADS-UP 2.25.1 Next week

I would like to do a 2.25.1 next week (monday or tuesday).

Please add any commits into 2.25.x (just pushed a new branch)...

please use cherry-pick -x on commits from main only. (git cherry-pick
-x <commit-id>)

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: HEADS-UP 2.25.1 Next week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I won't revert the commit though.. I would rather just release from
main, with next release as 2.26.0...

I"m thinkin the new logging isn't also a breaking (3.0) change... we
should keep it as 2.x perhaps...

(not saying we can't start planning a serious 3.0 though)

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: HEADS-UP 2.25.1 Next week

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: HEADS-UP 2.25.1 Next week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
and I just removed the 2.x branch

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: HEADS-UP 2.25.1 Next week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: HEADS-UP 2.25.1 Next week

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: HEADS-UP 2.25.1 Next week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
although I'm not 100% sure logging alone would warrant it becoming 3.0...

although logging is coming to the branch soon, and I would prefer not
having it waiting for releases... it's a significant improvement for
how we develop the codebase.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: HEADS-UP 2.25.1 Next week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: HEADS-UP 2.25.1 Next week

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Re: HEADS-UP 2.25.1 Next week

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Yep if you want to you could certainly release a 2.26.0 from main
instead of a 2.x branch in the current (essentially identical) state
and create a branch later if/when actually needed.

Re: HEADS-UP 2.25.1 Next week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic