Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2011/10/26 14:00:42 UTC

Spring TextConfigurationRealm problems

Hi all,

I followed http://shiro.apache.org/spring.html to integrate Shiro into
Apache Cocoon3.

Basically the filterChainDefinitions are working fine since I get redirected
to the login page when I try to request a secure page.

However I am having problem with the realm it seems. I have

<bean id="myRealm"
class="org.apache.shiro.realm.text.TextConfigurationRealm">
    <property name="userDefinitions">
        <value>
            thor = test, admin
            x = x, user
            </value>
    </property>
    <property name="roleDefinitions">
        <value>
            admin = *
            user = user:*
        </value>
    </property>
</bean>

Then in my c3 login REST service I do

UsernamePasswordToken token = new UsernamePasswordToken(username, password);
Subject subject = SecurityUtils.getSubject();
subject.login(token);

However the login never works I always get
2011-10-26 13:23:12,880 btpool0-1 ERROR servlet.XMLSitemapServlet - Cocoon
can't process the request.
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.InvocationException:
org.apache.shiro.authc.UnknownAccountException: Realm
[org.apache.shiro.realm.text.TextConfigurationRealm@79414306] was unable to
find account data for the submitted AuthenticationToken
[org.apache.shiro.authc.UsernamePasswordToken - thor, rememberMe=false].

If I debug the service I find that
org.apache.shiro.realm.text.TextConfigurationRealm has in rolesDefinition
"\n            admin = *\n            user = user:*\n        "
and userDefinition
"\n            thor = test, admin\n            x = x, user\n            "

BUT both users and roles maps are empty.

I just started to use Shiro and would be very grateful if somebody can give
me a hint what I am doing wrong.

TIA for any feedback

codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>
http://www.codebusters.es/

Re: Spring TextConfigurationRealm problems

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
ups it was too late last night, I saw I added a reference. Basically it is
the same as it comes in the docu.

Thanks.

# =======================
# Shiro INI configuration
# =======================

[main]
# Objects and their properties are defined here,
# Such as the securityManager, Realms and anything
# else needed to build the SecurityManager

[users]
# The 'users' section is for simple deployments
# when you only need a small number of statically-defined
# set of User accounts.
thor = xxx, admin
x = x, user

[roles]
# The 'roles' section is for simple deployments
# when you only need a small number of statically-defined
# roles.
admin = *
user = user:*

[urls]
# The 'urls' section is used for url-based security
# in web applications.  We'll discuss this section in the
# Web documentation

Re: Spring TextConfigurationRealm problems

Posted by Manoj Khangaonkar <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thor,

Can you paste your ini file here ?

thanks

http://khangaonkar.blogspot.com/

Re: Spring TextConfigurationRealm problems

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
<bean id="myRealm" class="org.apache.shiro.realm.text.IniRealm">
    <constructor-arg value="classpath:META-INF/shiro.ini"
type="java.lang.String"/>
</bean>

As I thought the prior never got init(). Now I have it working.

Cheers. :)

Re: Spring TextConfigurationRealm problems

Posted by Manoj Khangaonkar <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thor,

If you are using the standard shiro.ini file to specify users, roles then use
org.apache.shiro.text.IniRealm as the Realm.

IniRealm is the default. I don'nt think it even needs to be specified.
See the shiro web Sample.

If your ini format is different, then I suspect the file is not being
parsed correctly.

Manoj