Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Priyanka Maheshwari <pr...@wipro.com> on 2009/04/09 10:56:51 UTC

skip child projects from PMD report

Hi,

this is structure of my maven projects:
- parent 1

    - child 1
    - child 2
    - child 3

pmd plugin is included in the parent 1 POM.xml. I want to skip/exclude child
1 from report generation.

And the maven command which I am giving for report generation is:
mvn pmd:pmd -s settings.xml

The above command I am giving at parent 1 level.

Also NOTE I can not modify pom.xml for parent 1, only child pom.xml is in my
scope.

I tried with giving skip, exclude in child pom.xml. It works if I am giving
command at child level. But if I give command at parent level, target
directory of parent will have pmd reports for child 1 as well.

Any suggestions on how to exclude chile from PMD reports.

Thanks in Advance!!

Re: skip child projects from PMD report

Posted by Priyanka Maheshwari <pr...@wipro.com>.
One more thing to add here is, in the pom.xml of parent 1, aggregate is given
as true. So the reports will be generated at parent 1 level, and my
requirement is to exclude PMD errors for child 1 from the parent 1 reports.

Thanks!