Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Mike Percy <mp...@cloudera.com> on 2012/03/20 02:06:21 UTC

Problems with git.apache.org

Hi infrastructure folks,
I am primarily using git.apache.org for development on Flume (using git://git.apache.org/flume.git - it's set up to mirror the primary SVN repo) and today I have been seeing problems. This morning (PST), I tried to pull from git and I waited 30 seconds before killing it. I tried this several times and it kept hanging. I was able to pull a couple hours ago though, and weekend changes came through. However, there was a commit to the trunk today at 4:16PM PST and it is now 6:00PM and the Git repository is not reflecting these changes when I try to pull. So I am concerned that the Git repository is overloaded or misconfigured. Can someone please take a look?

In the meantime, I'll just use SVN, but I wanted to ensure the right folks were made aware of the issue.

(cc: flume-dev)

Regards,
Mike

PS: I am not subscribed to this mailing list.

Re: Problems with git.apache.org

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Mike Percy <mp...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> So I am concerned that the Git repository is overloaded or misconfigured.
> Can someone please take a look?

Everything seems to be back to normal now.

The issue you saw was most likely caused by the problems faced by the
svn.eu.apache.og mirror (that git.a.o uses) over the past few days.

BR,

Jukka Zitting