Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Stover, Michael" <Mi...@usa.xerox.com> on 2002/05/13 15:53:30 UTC

proxy progress

I made some significant progress on the proxy server over the weekend.  It
now works with some sites it didn't work with previously
(livingwithoutmicrosoft.org and sourceforge.net).  However, it still fails
with http://hometown.aol.ca/_fm, and I've noticed that Sun's HttpClient also
fails with that resource (returns a FileNotFoundException).  The browsers do
OK with it, however.  My suspicion is that both the server, and Sun's
HttpClient are not quite up to par, and the interaction of their flaws is
killing the attempt, but that's purely a guess.

In any case, I'm done obsessing over the proxy server (for now anyway), and
I will return to working on other things.  I hope I helped someone :-|

-Mike