Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adam Perry-Pelletier <ad...@moesol.com> on 2005/07/09 02:19:53 UTC

Setting code compliance in maven.

Hi,

I'm porting our first ant script to Maven.  When doing a simple maven
java:compile I get tons of:

java:97: cannot resolve symbol

symbol  : method assert (boolean)

compile errors as our code uses the assert() method.  This is fixed by
passing in "-source 1.4" to javac or setting some configs in eclipse.  Can
anyone tell me how to do the equivalent in Maven.  I've been playing with

    <properties>

        <maven.compile.compilerargs>-source 1.4</maven.compile.compilerargs>

    </properties>

In the <build> section of the project.xml file to no avail.  I'm sure this
is simple, but need help getting over this first hurdle.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Re: Setting code compliance in maven.

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

Try setting the "maven.compile.target=1.4" and
"maven.compile.source=1.4" properties in your 'project.properties' files
- these tell the javac compiler to use 1.4-level bytecode instructions,
including the 'assert' keyword.

hth,

  Arik.