Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by raviksingh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/04 20:55:51 UTC

Nutch Crawls Again and again

Hi,
    I have written a java program that call "crawl" command. This fetches
and updates the results in MySQL. However, if called again the same urls are
fetched again and again. Which certainly slows the process. Status for many
urls is now "2". They still get fetched every time. What can be the problem.
Please help.

Regards
Ravi Singh

Re: Nutch Crawls Again and again

Posted by Tejas Patil <te...@gmail.com>.
Just saw the code to confirm that. Protocol Status =  "2" corresponds
to FAILED. Nutch will attempt to fetch them in subsequent round with a hope
that I can fetch it. After a limit 'db.fetch.retry.max', it will mark that
url as DB_GONE and wont reattempt it further.

Posted by Tejas Patil <te...@gmail.com>.
I should not have brought that protocol status thing in here.
ProtocolStatusCode = 2 means FAILED (see [0])
CrawlStatus = 2 means FETCHED (see [1])

Get the webdb dump and share it, your problem will get more clear.

[0] :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/branches/2.x/src/java/org/apache/nutch/protocol/ProtocolStatusCodes.java

[1] :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/branches/2.x/src/java/org/apache/nutch/crawl/CrawlStatus.java

Posted by raviksingh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tejas Patil <te...@gmail.com>.
Get a crawldb dump [0] and see the status of the url.

[0] : http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/bin/nutch_readdb

Posted by raviksingh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This is log.