Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Marcelo Godois Tavares <MG...@hexatek.com> on 2009/05/08 17:52:04 UTC

Doubt Extracting text by area

Hi all,

I have a doubt using the ExtractTextByArea class from de PDFBox. Im
changing the rectangle values to see the result. But I think it doesn't
respect the horizontal coordinates, or I'm not using it in the correct
way (the most probably :-).

I change the Y coordinates of the rectangle like Y and Height, ant it
seems to work very well. But if I change the X coordinates like X and
weight, I get strange results. In other words, is it possible to extract
a specific word or phrase in a PDF document?

I have tried different documents.

(sorry my English :)

Marcelo Tavares