Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no> on 2003/05/24 23:53:18 UTC

Re: Scaling of SVG in FOP doesn't work

> At the end of this message is a DocBook fragment including an SVG
> figure, with scaling.  Imediately following, is a Tidy'd XSL:FO
> fragment generated by the DocBook XSL style sheets.

> The SVG image isn't scaled in the resulting PDF file.  I just see the
> top of a big image that stretches outside of the page.

> Is there a way to make SVG images scale?  Do I have to change to a
> different version of FOP?

To answer my own question: this is a FOP FAQ:
	http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html#svg-scaling

  "Currently, SVG images are rendered with the dimensions specified in
   the SVG file, within the viewport specified in the
   fo:external-graphic element. For everything to work properly, the
   two should be equal. The SVG standard leaves this issue as an
   implementation detail. FOP will probably implement a scaling
   mechanism in the future."

Ie. when creating the FOP image, you have to create it with the
dimensions you wish it to have in the result.

I haven't figured out a way to do this with my Dia[1] drawing.  Dia
0.90 doesn't seem to have a way to select all objects, and scale them
to a certain size.

- Steinar