Posted to users@maven.apache.org by DJP JEAN-PROST Dominique <Do...@dexia-sofaxis.com> on 2008/12/04 14:36:31 UTC

[maven-war-plugin] maven still wants to use 2.1-alpha-1

Hello,

I'd been waiting for a bug fix that has been added to 2.1-alpha-2, which is great.
Although this version has been released, my maven keeps on using the 2.1-alpha-1. I tried anything I could :
- delete my local repository so that anything is downloaded again
- searched if I specified a plugin version in any of my pom
No way.

Can someone help me ?
regards,
dom

RE: [maven-war-plugin] maven still wants to use 2.1-alpha-1

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
If you're using 2.0.9, then the default versions are set to prevent
accidental upgrades. See the release notes for more details. Specifying
the version in your pom will work.

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
Try,

mvn help:effective-pom

You will see that your war plugin is set  to a fixed version. This has
been a fix in 2.0.8 or 2.0.9. The default plugins have a fixed
version, to make reproducible builds more likely. If you want to
override the version you have to specify it in your pom, or any parent
poms you may have (like a company pom or such).

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

Iprofs BV.