Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Roman F <ro...@fusemail.com> on 2004/11/24 01:49:29 UTC

Maven build error for directory-naming core

I got the latest source for the naming subproject from Subversion and
executed "maven jar" in the core directory.  A test fails and the JAR step
never executes:

    [junit] Tests run: 10, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1.272 sec
    [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContextTest
FAILED

Unfortunately, I'm new to Maven (and JUnit for that matter) and I don't
have time to learn them both so I can figure out this problem.  For the
moment I'm just using the classes unpacked (which works great!).  I'm
hoping one of the developers can figure it out.

Since you guys are interested in what end-users are doing, I'll tell you
what I'm up to.  My objective right now is to get a simple in-memory JNDI
provider that can hand out a JDBC DataSource for standalone java apps.  I
found a reference to your project at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/guide/jndi-howto.html

I would rather use Naming over the Sun filesystem provider because of the
XMLConfigurator.

So for now, I just need to get the core JAR built and that should meet the
immediate need.  After reading the recent threads on this list, I've been
thinking about a future project where Eve would come in handy.  I need to
design an authentication framework for web apps that meets some fairly
stringent industry requirements, and want to use an LDAP backend as the
data store.  The J2EE security model will not meet my needs, so I am
probably going to do something using Filters; perhaps using the
sourceforge SecurityFilter project.  I am hoping that Eve will be ready
for deployment when I get around to coding this project in the next few
months.

Thanks for keeping this project alive!

Roman

_____________________________________
Consolidate your email!
http://www.fusemail.com

Re: Maven build error for directory-naming core

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Nope, and I don't think they can be in svn either.

The only thing would be for Maven to recognise them and give a more
elaborate help message. At the worst, we could script this into the
directory build.

I was actually thinking of reopening this discussion we had a long time
back of the structure of naming to see if it might be more appropriate
to have factory split into:
naming-factory-datasource
naming-factory-mail
naming-config (the digester loader, or a commons-configuration loader)

This would mean you could be more specific about which dependencies you
need, though I'm not sure if datasource/mail needs to be that fine grained?
In any case, the ones with sun dependencies could be omitted by default
and it would still work, I think.

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Roman F <ro...@fusemail.com>.
Thanks Brett, it works great now.

Roman

> Brett Porter wrote:
> I've fixed this - it most likely only failed under windows.
>
> can someone review the change I made to FileDirContext to make sure it
> makes sense/doesn't have side effects? Passes all the tests and makes
> sense to me.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> Brett Porter wrote:
>
>>>    [junit] Tests run: 10, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1.272
>>> sec
>>>    [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContextTest
>>>FAILED

Check All Email Accounts Anywhere!
Check your POP3 and webmail account
from any PC. With no ads