Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Stephen Walsh <st...@connectwithawalsh.com> on 2013/03/12 05:37:58 UTC

RSS

Anyone have a working solution for producing RSS feeds from content stored
in a DB on a Wicket 6.5+ page?  I've been reading through all of the old
docs on wicketstuff-rome, but it seems it's not supported with the changes
made to 6.5+.

I can generate my xml file, but not really sure how to go about actually
publishing it and having Wicket recognize it as a resource once it's on the
file system.  Hope that makes sense...

_______________________________________
Stephen Walsh | http://connectwithawalsh.com

Re: RSS

Posted by Jeroen Steenbeeke <j....@gmail.com>.
I usually just implement RSS as a page rather than a resource. You
simply create a Page like you normally would, and override
getMarkupType:

@Override
public MarkupType getMarkupType() {
	return new MarkupType("rss", "application/rss+xml");
}

Then, instead of an HTML file you provide an RSS file that contains
your markup (with wicket:id attributes and such).

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but I hope it helps regardless.

- Jeroen

--
Jeroen Steenbeeke
www.fortuityframework.com

Re: RSS

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
I've published an article on JavaLobby about it...

http://java.dzone.com/articles/how-implement-rss-feeds-custom

Re: RSS

Posted by Stephen Walsh <st...@connectwithawalsh.com>.
Both very helpful.  Thank you!