Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/23 18:43:15 UTC

gsoc 2010

Hi everyone,

I’m very much interested in taking part in PhotArk for the upcoming
Google summer of code and I’m also expecting to continue my
contributions even after the gsoc.

I too noted two project ideas listed on JIRA
*Provide support for subscribing to Flickr albuns
*Provide support for subscribing to Google Picasa albuns

I’m very much interested in taking part in PhotArk for the upcoming
Google summer of code in any of these or even if there are any new
ones.
I’m also expecting to continue my contributions even after the gsoc.

I’m a 3rd year undergraduate in the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
and presently working as an intern in WSO2 which is a 100% open source
organization.
I’m a java programmer and I too have enough time and willingness to
learn new languages.

It would be grateful if anyone of you can help me with getting started
with gsoc by providing more information about the projects and your
expectations.

Regards,
Suho

Re: gsoc 2010

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah
<su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> Since I'm very much interested in the OpenID integration of PhotArk. After
> some discusion with Avdhesh Yadav and according to his advice I have
> prepared the use-case diagram and Scenario for this project.
>
> I have attached those files with this mail.
> All of you are welcomed to review these and please give your suggestions.
>

> Regards,
> Suho

Attachments will not make the list. Let's get things in a wiki page,
let me arrange that.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: gsoc 2010

Re: gsoc 2010

Posted by Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <su...@gmail.com>.
sorry for the previous mail i mistakenly sent half typed.

On 4 March 2010 10:23, Avdhesh Yadav <av...@avdheshyadav.com> wrote:

> Initially i think of album level permissions only..Means album could be
> either public or protected.
> Later on we can make it more fine grained and extend it to  per picture
> level permissions.Public album can have public and protected pictures.
> Protected albums can only have protected pictures only.
>
> Thoughts ?
>
> thats great.

I think we can do it this way.
By default the album will be public and there will be a button or check-box
kind of thing to make it protected  at this point no one else other then the
admin can view the album since no permission has been given to others,
and then the system will ask to select the users to whom the admin wishes to
give access.

I think this can be implemented by listing all his or her friends with the
check box in front of their name.

i think we have to maintain a mapping on the access layer for each user of
his pictures/albums to his friends.

have i got it right?

regards
suho

Re: gsoc 2010

Posted by Avdhesh Yadav <av...@avdheshyadav.com>.

Re: gsoc 2010

Posted by Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <su...@gmail.com>.

Re: gsoc 2010

Posted by Avdhesh Yadav <av...@avdheshyadav.com>.

Re: gsoc 2010

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: gsoc 2010

Posted by Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <su...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Re: gsoc 2010

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: gsoc 2010

Posted by Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 24 February 2010 14:20, Avdhesh Yadav <av...@avdheshyadav.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can start with creating a simple a page from where user can select a
> openid provider.and after user successful  authentication it return to the
> page with id. Next open the admin page from where he can edit visibility of
> the picture and albums.

that good! I'm working on it..!

> We need to do more brainstorm on the flow of this...
>

> Suggestions and thoughts are welcome..

Because I'm in WSO2 and since WSO2 has implemented openID in java for some
of the WSO2 products. It would be quite easy for me in implementing this.

Further i too suggest if the community wishes we can even implement WSO2
Identity Server which would be even complete. and You can decide on it. but
it's only a suggestion! and implementing it from the API would also OK for
me.

I have created a issue for this
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOTARK-20

thank you for creating the issue on jira and I'm also excited to know who
would be the mentoring this project.

Regards,
Suho

Re: gsoc 2010