Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/03/01 02:58:33 UTC

Re: Adding a new component to Ambari - configure/manage/monitor

Hi Satish,

To add a component to Ambari, one would do the following:
* Add the component as part of the stack definition (see
https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks/HDP/1.2.0/services
)
* Write Puppet scripts for installing, starting, and testing the component
(see
https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/trunk/ambari-agent/src/main/puppet/modules
)
* Create an RPM for the component
* Make the RPM is available via yum (or zypper) on the cluster hosts.

Unfortunately we don't have any documentation on this yet.

Yusaku

Posted by Satish Abburi <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Is there any good example to refer?