Posted to rampart-c-dev@ws.apache.org by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/12 13:40:04 UTC

SAML 2.0 Implementation

Hi List,

At the moment Rampart/C has an implementation of SAML 1.1 specification.
This implementation facilitates creation and processing of SAML 1.1
Assertions. SAML token profile 1.0 is also implemented into the Rampart/C.
This token profile facilitate the sending and processing of SAML Assertions
inside the security header. I think it is time to implement SAML 2.0.

AFAIK SAML 2.0 doesn't has a token profile for Web Services. So the initial
implementation will focus on creation and processing of SAML tokens and
nothing will be asserted about how the SAML tokens are sent in the Security
header. One option is to send them as custom tokens.

SAML 2.0 implementation will focus on the SAML Assertions. This
implementation will be a tree like structure (Object model) which can be
used for easy processing of SAML Assertions. For example something like
struct saml2_assertion_t will be at the top and all other structures
representing the SAML constructs like statements, conditions will be fields
in this saml2_assertion_t. Structures like saml2_statement_t will host other
structures forming a tree like structure.

Any comments are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Supun..

Re: SAML 2.0 Implementation

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
SAML Assertion implementation is a starting point for implementing the SAML
2.0. Also with the resources we have, if we first concentrate on
implementing the Assertion part we will be able to come up with a good
quality implementation.

I have created a Jira[1] for the implementation.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAMPARTC-100

Supun..

Re: SAML 2.0 Implementation

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: SAML 2.0 Implementation

Posted by Kaushalye Kapuruge <ka...@wso2.com>.

--
http://blog.kaushalye.org/
http://wso2.org/

Re: SAML 2.0 Implementation

Posted by Prasadcse Perera <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thats great!. Since most of the SAML users now upgrading to the SAML 2.0,
having SAML 2.0 support with Rampart/C will be a great deal. Add to that why
not implement the SAML 2.0 platform in a whole rather than SAML Assertion
(token) support.As I got to know,  SAML 2.0 has some powerful features