Posted to commits@myfaces.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/02/01 12:34:21 UTC

[Myfaces Wiki] Update of "Code Generation" by MartinMarinschek

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Myfaces Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by MartinMarinschek:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Code_Generation

  One drawback is that this generated class is visible in the public ancestry of the concrete class, distorting the "clean" hierarchy. An opinion was expressed that "-1; .. the resultant OO structure is not clean".

- This approach is feasible for libraries like Tomahawk and Trinidad and the !MyFaces Impl. However it is not possible to use it for the myfaces api component classes, as their hierarchies are strictly defined by the jsf specification. Note that it is not possible for a package-private base class to be defined; an intermediate ancestor class cannot be private.
+ This approach is feasible for libraries like Tomahawk and Trinidad and the !MyFaces Impl. It is also possible to use it for the myfaces api component classes - if an intermediary package-private base class is defined (comment: I just tested this in my IDE, and it works - Simon, did you test it and it didn't work for you?)

  Meta-data would of course still be maintained in configuration files of some sort, external to the generated code.