Posted to user@hama.apache.org by Behroz Sikander <be...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/21 16:34:32 UTC

Hama task on multiple cores

Hi,
I am trying to do some performance comparisons between MATLAB and HAMA
implementation of same thing. MATLAB provides some functions to do parallel
execution on multiple cores.

Hama is already parallel but I do not understand the relation between Hama
tasks and cores on a computer.

For example, if I have a machine with 4 cores and I want to open up 4 Hama
tasks, where will Hama open them ? Each task on each core ?

Or If I have 4 cores but I have 10 tasks, how the tasks will be distributed
on cores ?

Regards,
Behroz Sikander

Re: Hama task on multiple cores

Posted by Behroz Sikander <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
>> *Hama framework spawns one JVM for each task. So, it depends on whether
JVM*
*uses multicores.*
Ok

*>>If you wanna benchmark on single machine, I recommend you to use Hama
local*
*mode (multi-threading). :-)*
Ok I think I will go with this solution.

Thanks :)