Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mike Carlson <mi...@mcarlson.net> on 2004/11/03 20:52:56 UTC

URIDNSBL

How do I know if SA is using URIDNSBL?

I am running SA 3.0 on FreeBSD with MimeDefang and now emails are scoring very very low and some users are getting a ton of spam through. I want to make use of URIDNSBL if I can, but I am not sure if it is working or not.

--Mike Carlson
mike@mcarlson.net
http://www.uselessthoughts.com

Re: URIDNSBL

Posted by Mathieu Nantel <na...@ecopiabio.com>.
Heh, that's easy: 99% of your spam will score on either of these tests:

 5.0 URIBL_SBL              Contains an URL listed in the SBL blocklist

 5.0 URIBL_AB_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the AB SURBL blocklist

 5.0 URIBL_JP_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL blocklist

 5.0 URIBL_WS_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the WS SURBL blocklist

 5.0 URIBL_OB_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the OB SURBL blocklist

 5.0 URIBL_SC_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the SC SURBL blocklist

(yes, my scoring is agressive)

The more proper way of checking this is to run:

spamd -D

which will outputthis if you are loading URIDNSBL:

debug: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL from @INC
debug: plugin: registered Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x35ced0)

--
Mathieu Nantel - Systems Manager
Ecopia BioSciences Inc.