Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Chris Widhelm <cw...@contego.net> on 2003/08/28 15:19:29 UTC

Recovering from a timeout

I am assuming that the reason I am getting an IOException after my application sits over night is due to a timeout on the connection to the server.

How are other people recovering from this?  The application eventually creates a new connection but it must grab a couple of connections from the pool that have timed out before it creates a new connection.

Thanks,

Chris Widhelm

Re: Recovering from a timeout

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Chris,

many database driver support connection
reconnect of timed out connetions.

If this does not solve your problem it's
possible to use the 'validationQuery' attribute
see
http://db.apache.org/ojb/repository.html#connection-pool

regards,
Armin