Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Wenli Zhang <ov...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/03 06:47:08 UTC

How to add new committers

Dear mentors,

We are considering merging new PR at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/pull/8966 . Since this is the
first time we accept commit from community, I have a few questions to ask:

1. Does he need to become a committer (so that he need to follow
https://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html ) before or after we
merge the pull request?

2. Is there anything else we need to do before and after we merge the PR?

Thanks!

Zhang Wenli
http://zhangwenli.com

Re: How to add new committers

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
Hi Wenli,

I do not know if incubator has a specific process but here are a few
thoughts:

- See https://community.apache.org/newcommitter.html

- Is the patch trivial?  If not, they will need an ICLA.
https://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf  When in doubt, ask the
Secretary at ASF's opinion.

- Community is more important than code so this is awesome.  Promoting
community growth is one of the best things to invest your time in and
something I did not appreciate for too long.

- If their code is good, and the PR is sane, and a CLA is filed, use it
as a way to perhaps pair them with another committer.

They do NOT have to be a committer to be a contributor.

Regards,
KAM

--
Kevin A. McGrail
VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation