Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Mathieu Plourde <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/29 00:04:24 UTC

Unable to cache bundle...

Hello all,
 Whenever I try to use installBundle from a local file, I get a "Unable to
cache bundle" error. I first tried using an OBR with local bundles (in the
repository.xml, the uri attributes are all file:/), it didn't work. Then I
tried using installBundle from the .jar's path instead, doesn't work either.
I moved the jar to several directories and it still doesn't work...If I
deploy the bundle using an OBR with a remote location (http), it works. I'm
trying to install telnetd from:

http://oscar-osgi.sourceforge.net/obr2/repository.xml

It works if you deploy the resources from the online repository.xml.
However, if you copy the repository.xml to a local file and change the uri
attributes to the local URL of the file, it won't.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Unable to cache bundle...

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
2008/6/29 Mathieu Plourde <ma...@gmail.com>:

> Hello all,
>  Whenever I try to use installBundle from a local file, I get a "Unable to
> cache bundle" error. I first tried using an OBR with local bundles (in the
> repository.xml, the uri attributes are all file:/), it didn't work. Then I
> tried using installBundle from the .jar's path instead, doesn't work
> either.
> I moved the jar to several directories and it still doesn't work...If I
> deploy the bundle using an OBR with a remote location (http), it works. I'm
> trying to install telnetd from:
>
> http://oscar-osgi.sourceforge.net/obr2/repository.xml
>
> It works if you deploy the resources from the online repository.xml.
> However, if you copy the repository.xml to a local file and change the uri
> attributes to the local URL of the file, it won't.
>
> Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

it might be your modified file: URI is incorrect - for example
on Windows you may need file:///... depending on whether
the path starts with a drive name (C:) or not.

could you post the exception as well as your modified URI?

--
Cheers, Stuart