Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "John G. Weed" <no...@fastmail.com> on 2020/07/06 16:37:56 UTC

Apache update server unavailable

Am trying to run updates on NetBeans 11.2. List of required updates seems to work, however when I tell it to go ahead and update I get a pop up error indicating that update server is unavailable...

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua?action=download&filename=netbeans/netbeans/11.2-u1/nbms/nb/org-netbeans-modules-updatecenters.nbm

Mostly likely my problem... but checking if the us an external (to me) connectivity issue?

Re: Apache update server unavailable

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 17:38, John G. Weed <no...@fastmail.com> wrote:
> Am trying to run updates on NetBeans 11.2. List of required updates seems to work, however when I tell it to go ahead and update I get a pop up error indicating that update server is unavailable...
>
> https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua?action=download&filename=netbeans/netbeans/11.2-u1/nbms/nb/org-netbeans-modules-updatecenters.nbm
>
> Mostly likely my problem... but checking if the us an external (to me) connectivity issue?

It's not your problem.  Updates for 11.2 have been archived.
Theoretically it's now out of support.  So, ideally move to 12.0 if
you can.

But, we should probably consider how to make this work.  There's an
option in the closer.lua code to be archive aware, but it doesn't seem
to work.  Somehow we need to manage these links in a slightly
different way.

If you *really* need to get this to work with 11.2 then in the short
term you could probably remove / disable the existing update centre
and add

https://archive.apache.org/dist/netbeans/netbeans/11.2-u1/nbms/updates.xml

Possibly along with

https://archive.apache.org/dist/netbeans/netbeans/11.2/nbms/updates.xml