Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sven Köhler <sk...@upb.de> on 2002/10/01 02:22:52 UTC

Re: pattern test/*/**

the attached test-case creates 3 jar which show the following:

test1.jar: (just a test)
the pattern test/** matches the folder test/ itself and it's contents

test2.jar: (BUG)
this jar does not contain test/test2.txt although the pattern test/*/**
shouldn't match against it.

test3.har: (BUG)
this jar does not contain test3.txt although the pattern test3.txt/**
shouldn't match against any file-name but only directories.

each of the pattern is used to exclude stuff from the created jar.

suggestion:
1) any pattern like a/** matches the folder a itself (but not a file
called a) and any file/folder starting with a/ (as prooven with
test1.jar above, and it's even a statement in ant's docs i think)
2 patterns like a/*/** should be matched partly:
if a/b/c is matched against a/*/**, the b matches the first *.
afterwords a/b/c should be matched against a/b/** (the * is replaced by
it's match)

regards,
   Sven