Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> on 2006/06/12 19:03:12 UTC

Support page for tapestry.apache.org

[please CC me on replies as I am not a subscriber]

Hi folks- the new site looks great!  However, as a member
of the infrastructure team, I'm concerned about
how the link in the Support section points to an
offsite list.  It's important for the ASF to maintain
neutrality about service providers, so I'd like
to see the Support link point at an on-site list,
similar to the old crufty support list for httpd:

  http://www.apache.org/info/support.cgi

What you could do is just create a similar /support.html
page with suitable disclaimers, and add the current
link to that page.  That way I don't think there's
any openness/neutrality issues to be concerned about.
Everyone in the community should be able to add
themselves to the support.html page should they
wish to, simply by sending a patch to this list.

Opinions?

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: Support page for tapestry.apache.org

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I've updated the site to include a new support.html page that support links
to. It currently only has one provider listed, but I've added language
similar (ok, pretty much verbatim besides replacing appropriate words with
tapestry) to the site referenced.

Should be visible any minute?

On 6/12/06, Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> wrote:

> [please CC me on replies as I am not a subscriber]
>
> Hi folks- the new site looks great!  However, as a member
> of the infrastructure team, I'm concerned about
> how the link in the Support section points to an
> offsite list.  It's important for the ASF to maintain
> neutrality about service providers, so I'd like
> to see the Support link point at an on-site list,
> similar to the old crufty support list for httpd:
>
>   http://www.apache.org/info/support.cgi
>
> What you could do is just create a similar /support.html
> page with suitable disclaimers, and add the current
> link to that page.  That way I don't think there's
> any openness/neutrality issues to be concerned about.
> Everyone in the community should be able to add
> themselves to the support.html page should they
> wish to, simply by sending a patch to this list.
>
> Opinions?
>
> --
> Joe Schaefer

Jesse Kuhnert