Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/02 10:19:09 UTC

mail repository cleaning

Hi all,

Thanks for the help/advice on writing the service for cleaning mail
from a repository after X delay.

The code is working fine and I've just finished testing it on our test server.

Would a patch of this stuff be valuable to the project?  I doubt it as
it's a fairly unusual requirement, but it's easy enough to contribute.

Thanks again,
Kev

Re: mail repository cleaning

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On 10/3/07, Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> > we always welcome contributions :-)
>
> Thanks! If you accepted this strange addition to the code it would
> mean I wouldn't have to maintain a custom version of james - this
> would be a big help for me :)
>
> Would you like me to supply a patch from svn?

Please create a patch based on current TRUNK code.
You should append the patch as a file to a new JIRA entry you create,
right here:
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa
This of course only works after you created a JIRA account and have logged in.

  http://james.apache.org/contribute.html
has more info.

Thanks for contributing!

  Bernd

Re: mail repository cleaning

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 10/2/07, Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the help/advice on writing the service for cleaning mail
> from a repository after X delay.
>
> The code is working fine and I've just finished testing it on our test server.
>
> Would a patch of this stuff be valuable to the project?  I doubt it as
> it's a fairly unusual requirement, but it's easy enough to contribute.

we always welcome contributions :-)

- robert