Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Park <dj...@columbia.edu> on 2002/07/30 22:41:55 UTC

Tomcat 4, NS4, SSL and Form-based Login Problem

I am trying to implement SSL in order to secure the transmission of
passwords for a web app running under Tomcat 4.0.4 and using form-based
authentication.  My SSL connector is working, and my login form is secured
by a security constraint in web.xml requiring confidential transport
guarantees.  IE6 works perfectly: the login form is presented securely, and
authentications work as expected.  However, under Netscape 4.7, the login
form is presented securely, but I get the following error after I submit a
username and password:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct
reference to form login page

type Status report

message Invalid direct reference to form login page

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
(Invalid direct reference to form login page).

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so is there a fix?

David Park
djp22@columbia.edu