Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Klaus <kd...@googlemail.com> on 2009/03/23 15:41:40 UTC

Replace original artifact in build lifecycle

Hi,

i want to create an artifact that contains all binaries and all dependencies
of my module. I am aware of the assembly plugin, but the point is, that the
assembly plugin always creates an additional artifact instead of overwriting
the original one. The same applies to all other solutions i know (oneJar
plugin ...)

Any ideas? Or do i conflict with the maven philosophy?

Thanks,
Klaus

Re: Replace original artifact in build lifecycle

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
The build-helper-maven-plugin can help with this by binding your
assembled jar to the build. It won't replace your original artifact --
but merely add another one via a classifier.

Wayne