Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by David Curley <dc...@oblix.com> on 2000/11/30 02:17:34 UTC

xsl:include href=(relative URI) not searching base URI

I'm having trouble getting Xalan to include nested stylesheets using a
relative URI.

I expect the processor to resolve the following element by search for
"nestedStyleSheet.xsl" in the same directory as the main stylesheet (the one
containing the element):

      <xsl:include href="nestedStyleSheet.xsl"/>

Instead, Xalan is searching relative to the current working directory of the
process.

I'm using Xalan-C 1.0.  I've verified this using both my own code and
TestXSLT.

This seems counter to the XSL 1.0 Recommendation (see below).  Is it a bug,
or is there something else I need to switch on to make this happen ?

The 1.0 XSL recommendation part 2.6.1 "Stylesheet Inclusion" says:

"An XSLT stylesheet may include another XSLT stylesheet using an xsl:include
element. The xsl:include element has an href attribute whose value is a URI
reference identifying the stylesheet to be included. A relative URI is
resolved relative to the base URI of the xsl:include element (see [3.2 Base
URI])."

Dave Curley
dcurley@oblix.com
c/o Oblix, Inc.