Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Ilia S. Yatsenko" <il...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/16 06:43:31 UTC

newbie question about nutch 0.8

I follow nutch-0.8 tutorial crawl few pages.

And got next error: file not found index/segment

I look into my index directory and see few sub directory like part-00000,
part-00001

My question is: how to setup correct searcher?

Thanks

Re: newbie question about nutch 0.8

Posted by Marko Bauhardt <mb...@media-style.com>.
Am 16.03.2006 um 06:43 schrieb Ilia S. Yatsenko:

> And got next error: file not found index/segment

Do you have the property searcher.dir in the nutch-default.xml or
nutch-site.xml configured in your nutch webapp?

<property>
   <name>searcher.dir</name>
   <value>crawl</value>
   <description>
   Path to root of crawl.  This directory is searched (in
   order) for either the file search-servers.txt, containing a list of
   distributed search servers, or the directory "index" containing
   merged indexes, or the directory "segments" containing segment
   </description>
</property>

Marko

RE: newbie question about nutch 0.8

Posted by "Ilia S. Yatsenko" <il...@gmail.com>.
With indexes all works!

Am 16.03.2006 um 06:43 schrieb Ilia S. Yatsenko:

> And got next error: file not found index/segment

Your folder structure should be:

YOUR_SEARCH_FOLDER/crawldb
YOUR_SEARCH_FOLDER/linkdb
YOUR_SEARCH_FOLDER/segments/2006...