Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rocky Seelbach <rj...@cityperk.net> on 2005/09/20 22:02:47 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] UnixWare 7.1.3/Apache 2.1.7 Caching-Proxy taking the whole box

> This would probably be better on the dev@httpd list.

Understood.  I've looked at some of the bug reports and they are
considerably more detailed than what I have so far.

> Do you have the possibility to reproduce whatever is
> causing this on any other platform?  I doubt unixware
> is a particularly popular platform amongst Apache
> developers, though of course it should at least
> work as generic *X.

I can try, but I need it to work on UnixWare.  FWIW, we bought into it a
long time ago (1999).  I'm just trying to make it work.

> Also which MPM are you using, and does compiling with a different
> MPM affect it?

CC=cc CFLAGS="-KPIC,thread" ./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/apache2 \
--enable-cache \
--enable-disk-cache \
--enable-proxy \
--enable-proxy-connect \
--enable-proxy-http \
--enable-info \
--enable-rewrite \
--disable-ipv6 \
--disable-autoindex \
--disable-userdir \
--enable-so \
--with-mpm=prefork

> Nevertheless, details of your config would be useful, at
> least if this becomes a bug report rather than your local
> problem.  Also your compile options (particularly which MPM),
> and any details (eg from netstat) of whether it's a client
> connection or a backend connection, or indeed something
> internal, that's screwed up.

Didn't think to try netstat.  I'll try a different MPM and see if I can
replicate it on Linux.  It will take a little while.

> Jeff Trawick has written some introspection/debugging
> modules that might tell you something.
> See http://people.apache.org/~trawick/ .

Thanks very much.