Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by David McCabe <dm...@videotron.net> on 2000/12/27 23:13:11 UTC

Re: Apache Version 1.3.0 required, aborting...

> From: Joshua Gerth <jg...@ptdcs2.ra.intel.com>
> Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 14:05:14 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: Apache Version 1.3.0 required, aborting...

> I am doing a 100% fresh install.  I just downloaded
>       mod_perl-1.24.tar.gz
>       apache_1.3.14.tar.gz

> Am I doing something wrong?  Am I not using the correct version of
> something?

Yes, and yes. :):)

You need mod_perl-1.24_01.tar.gz. You can get it by going to search.cpan.org, and
enter "mod_perl" as the search term. Or, use this URL with a perl/LWP script, or
wget, or something similiar:

http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/DOUGM/mod_perl-1.24_01.tar.gz

David McCabe  Unix System Administrator
Le Groupe Videotron dmccabe@videotron.net   (514) 380 4433

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging
on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce
the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the
Internet, we know this is not true."
                   - Robert Wilensky UCB