Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/09/03 09:29:30 UTC

Forrest Tuesday on 6 September

http://forrest.apache.org/forrest-tuesday.html
6 September starting at 06:00 Greenwich Mean Time.
See the calendar for your time zone.

The main topic for the day is "internal structure XHTML2".
Also an ever-present task to clean up our Issue Tracker.
The main communication medium is still the mailing list.
The IRC channel name will be announced there.

Converting to XHTML2 is going to touch on a lot of areas,
sitemaps, stylesheets, "views", documentation, plugins.
So there is room for everyone to help.

That also lists some of the subtasks.

-David

Re: Forrest Tuesday on 6 September

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Our first ForrestTuesday was a success.
> Thanks to everyone who participated or
> just listened.
>
> A log of the IRC is here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/events/forrest-tuesday-20050906/
>
> Thanks to to cheche and friend jenny. The live
> log of the session was very useful.
>
> Next one is Tuesday 4 October 2005.

Diwaker also put a log there. Lets remove mine
and leave diwaker's arrangement.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/events/forrest-tuesdays/

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Connect to irc.freenode.net and join channel #for-s

-David

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

> > therefore propose that we use the Cocoon Wiki instead. We'll have a
> > Lenya instance for the next time.
>
> +1 and sorry.

Thanks for the effort with trying to get it happening.

> > Do we need to clear this with the Cocoon folk?

No it will be fine.

> We can use as well http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ I reckon there is no
> problem.

Or we can use http://wiki.apache.org/general

Whatever. We can cleanup and remove those later.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 14:01 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Ross Gardler wrote:

> >>What IRC server are we using? I assume the channel name will be posted here.
> >

> > irc.freenode.net and yes.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I just tested the Lenya instance and it seems that the bug that has been
> causing Thorstens problems on this installation is still present.

Hmm, that 1.4 bug is really a showstopper. We lenya folks have to get a
grip on that. :(

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Forrest Tuesday on 6 September

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

>>What IRC server are we using? I assume the channel name will be posted here.
>

> irc.freenode.net and yes.

Thanks.

I just tested the Lenya instance and it seems that the bug that has been
causing Thorstens problems on this installation is still present. I

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Is there a reason of why the name of channel is not public?

Yes. We decided that we don't want a channel that
is open all the time. So it will be a random channel
name each month.

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>So the start time is just under 23 hours away.
>>
>>I will be there from the start 7am my time, 6am UTC. But only for an hour.
>>
>>Will anyone else be present at that time, if so do you know how to start
>>the IRC channel?
>

> I will be there. I will open the channel.

Is there a reason of why the name of channel is not public?
Cheers,

Re: Forrest Tuesday on 6 September

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.