Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Xiaocheng Luan <je...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/01 00:20:08 UTC

Spellchecker bug (or feature?)

Not sure if this is the right place to report this issue:

  The accuracy value, which can be set via setAccuracy(), is being modified in SpellChecker.java when a word is checked. As a result, the "min" may be pushed
  very high and will not suggest anything for later requests.

  One workaround would be to call setAccuracy() each time before a word is checked, I'm not sure if this is a feature (intended behavior) or a bug.
  By the way, I'm using spellchecker 1.9.1 that comes with Lucene 1.9.1.

  Thanks,

  Xiaocheng

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Spellchecker bug (or feature?)

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>.
1 apr 2006 kl. 03.13 skrev karl wettin:

> 1 apr 2006 kl. 00.20 skrev Xiaocheng Luan:
>
>> Not sure if this is the right place to report this issue:
>>
>>   The accuracy value, which can be set via setAccuracy(), is being
>> modified in SpellChecker.java when a word is checked. As a result,
>> the "min" may be pushed
>>   very high and will not suggest anything for later requests.
>>
>>   One workaround would be to call setAccuracy() each time before a
>> word is checked, I'm not sure if this is a feature (intended
>> behavior) or a bug.
>>   By the way, I'm using spellchecker 1.9.1 that comes with Lucene
>> 1.9.1.
>
> Ah, excellent timing. I just posted about that on the Jira as a
> side note to my spell check refactor.
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-537?page=all

It is most definitely a bug. And here is the quite simple fix:

public Suggestion[] suggestSimilar(String word, int numOfSuggestions....

         float min = this.min; // allows manipulation of accuracy
within method.

Re: Spellchecker bug (or feature?)

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>.

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>.