Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/20 17:39:30 UTC

Documentation on config JSON

Hi,

Is there any good source of docs on creating the config json ( for example
the `hocon` string in steve's example he sent last week).

E.g. how / where do I find information on creating my own config (instead
of just hacking other examples)

tg

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*

Re: Documentation on config JSON

Posted by sblackmon <sb...@apache.org>.
Hey Trevor,

Each component (provider, processor, etc…) expects a certain type of configuration object, all of which are defined using json-schemas checked into the module where that component resides.

In general, you can get at what type of configuration is required and what fields are necessary from the corresponding module page on the website  such as http://streams.incubator.apache.org/site/0.4-incubating-SNAPSHOT/streams-project/streams-contrib/streams-provider-twitter/index.html
which has links to java-docs and related resource files for each provider.

You can also create the configuration beans directly with code instead of going through the type safe framework, in which case you’ll get autocomplete on the getXXX / setXXX and fluent-style withXXX methods if you are using a maven-aware IDE to code.

Hopefully this is helpful, let us know if not.

Good Luck,
Steve