Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by "Livni, Dana" <da...@intel.com> on 2014/01/30 15:16:18 UTC

table names& joins

Hi,
In our project we are using the current master branch (phoenix-core-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT).

We're trying to use the join operation but when running on table with lower case names we are getting an error.

Example query:
select * from "table1" inner join "table2" on "col1" ="col2";

The error:
Error: ERROR 1012 (42M03): Table undefined. tableName=TABLE2 (state=42M03,code=1012)

Did anyone encounter this problem in the past?
Is there any solution planned for it?

Thanks
Dana

Intel Electronics Ltd.

Re: table names& joins

Posted by Maryann Xue <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dana,

This might be caused by using case-sensitive table names. An easy
walk-around can be creating tables and using them without quotation marks.
We will soon try to fix the problem, though.

Thanks,
Maryann

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Livni, Dana <da...@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> In our project we are using the current master branch
> (phoenix-core-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT).
>
> We're trying to use the join operation but when running on table with
> lower case names we are getting an error.
>
> Example query:
> select * from "table1" inner join "table2" on "col1" ="col2";
>
> The error:
> Error: ERROR 1012 (42M03): Table undefined. tableName=TABLE2
> (state=42M03,code=1012)
>
> Did anyone encounter this problem in the past?
> Is there any solution planned for it?
>
> Thanks
> Dana

> Intel Electronics Ltd.