Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/10/09 13:25:56 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by JamesGrant

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "PoweredBy" page has been changed by JamesGrant:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy?action=diff&rev1=405&rev2=406

Comment:
Update last.fm entry

    * ''Studying verbal and non-verbal communication. ''

   * ''[[http://www.last.fm|Last.fm]] ''
-   * ''44 nodes ''
+   * ''100 nodes''
-   * ''Dual quad-core Xeon L5520 (Nehalem) @ 2.27GHz, 16GB RAM, 4TB/node storage. ''
+   * ''Dual quad-core Xeon L5520@2.27GHz & L5630@2.13GHz , 24GB RAM, 8TB(4x2TB)/node storage. ''
-   * ''Used for charts calculation, log analysis, A/B testing ''
+   * ''Used for charts calculation, royalty reporting, log analysis, A/B testing, dataset merging''
+   * ''Also used for large scale audio feature analysis over millions of tracks''
-
-   * ''20 dual quad-core nodes, 32GB RAM , 5x1TB ''
-   * ''Used for user profile analysis, statistical analysis,cookie level reporting tools. ''
-   * ''Some Hive but mainly automated Java MapReduce jobs that process ~150MM new events/day. ''

   * ''[[https://lbg.unc.edu|Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center - Bioinformatics Group]]''
    * ''This is the cancer center at UNC Chapel Hill. We are using Hadoop/HBase for databasing and analyzing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data produced for the [[http://cancergenome.nih.gov/|Cancer Genome Atlas]] (TCGA) project and other groups. This development is based on the [[http://seqware.sf.net|SeqWare]] open source project which includes SeqWare Query Engine, a database and web service built on top of HBase that stores sequence data types. Our prototype cluster includes: ''