Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com> on 2014/01/08 19:24:04 UTC

best talks of CCCEU13

Guys
I need a little help.

For our upcoming European User group I've decided to do a roundup of "the best of CCCEU13"

The idea is select the talks that I thought were

a)      Great

b)      Really Significant

Why do I do these things?.......... I've now realised that I only actually saw 3 talks (was in bed sick for one of the days!)  and have managed only another 4 on youtube

I know everybody will have seen different talks and will have  their own preferences but it would be great if a few of you were able to let me know of any talks you thought were stand-out and should merit inclusion in  in a "best of" session.
I'll hopefully then find those talks on youtube and be able to do a very brief summary of each

Thanks for any help

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
CEO

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@shapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

Need Enterprise grade support for Apache CloudStack ?
Our CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the best 24/7 SLA for Cloudstack environments.

Apache CloudStack Bootcamp training courses:
**NEW!** CloudStack 4.2 training<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
08/09 January 2014, London<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
13-17 January 2014, GLOBAL. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
20-24 January 2014, GLOBAL. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: best talks of CCCEU13

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
personally I just loved Mike Tutkowski talk about solid fire plugin. Mike is a terrific speaker and he got me very excited about solidfire especially due to the multi-tenancy aspect.

I was really impressed as well by Tariq's talk about usage, he really knows his stuff and how usage/events works in ACS. I learned things.

A few other talks from friends were great two but I also heard them before, so it did not have the same wow factor.

I will keep my third one for Ian Duffy on the GCE interface. Ian is a very new speaker, but the important point is the content. Google compute engine has gone GA since he gave the talk. That makes ACS the only open source IaaS solution with a working GCE interface that would help folks build hybrid cloud solution across GCE and private cloud based on ACS.