Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Xu (Simon) Chen" <xc...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/07 05:13:54 UTC

cache spark sql parquet file in memory?

This might be a stupid question... but it seems that saveAsParquetFile()
writes everything back to HDFS. I am wondering if it is possible to cache
parquet-format intermediate results in memory, and therefore making spark
sql queries faster.

Thanks.
-Simon

Re: cache spark sql parquet file in memory?

Posted by "Xu (Simon) Chen" <xc...@gmail.com>.
Is there a way to start tachyon on top of a yarn cluster?

Posted by Marek Wiewiorka <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.