Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by jle <je...@sfr.com> on 2011/04/15 16:47:31 UTC

Integrating shiro with CAS

Hello,

I'm new to shiro, I developed a little demo to test it and compare it to the
Spring Security library I already used.
I didn't find any filter for the CAS SSO server : did I miss something ? Is
something planned for integrating shiro with CAS ?

I develop by myself a CAS filter and a CAS realm to integrate with the CAS
server : this works pretty well. Is this community interested by these
classes ?

Thanks,
Jerome

Re: Integrating shiro with CAS

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Jerome,

Yep, it is still planned as far as I know - I personally haven't had
the bandwidth to apply it yet.  Hopefully I'll be able to get to it
sometime this week.  If I have any issues applying the patch, I'll be
sure to bring it up on the list for help. :)

Thanks!

Best,

Les

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Awesome - thanks again Jerome!

Les

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Jérôme,

Certainly. Please feel free to submit a new patch to the same Jira
issue to overwrite the old one.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Les

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Jérôme,

This is fantastic!!!!  Thanks so much for contributing - we'll do our
best to get this in to a proper Shiro release.

If we have any questions, I'm sure we'll ask :)

Best,

Les

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Jerome,

There was some work in the past to play with CAS, but it never
materialized into an 'official' Shiro support module.

So, yes, we'd LOVE if you could contribute back any work you've done
to make this work.  I'd be very excited to add it!

Would you mind creating a patch with your changes from trunk and
attaching that patch to a Jira issue?

Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Les