Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2001/10/03 07:49:56 UTC

Re: site copies under the one httpd

raptor wrote:

> hi,
>
> I have a site, it has two copies one that is on the Dev server (dev-copy)
> and the other Production one.
> So what I want ?
> I want to have the Production site on my dev machine ... ( i'm arraging that
> the DB and all dependant stuff get copied after some time passes). But AS U
> KNOW I can't have two different modules with the same name under one
> mod_perl even if they are on different virtual-hosts, 'cause they get
> precompiled under the same name...
> Is the only solution to use differnt mod_perl processes to handle this
> situation ?!!

This is the best way, but certainly not only way.  Any change
in development could kill your production web server, and you
will probably be stop/starting your web server lots too,
so save yourself, and others visiting your site, the grief
and keep your dev & prod httpd's running separately on
different ports at the very least.

--Josh