Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Zachary Wiener <zw...@caci.com> on 2006/11/03 14:23:30 UTC

Request for WMV file to machine name doesn't work

Hello.  I have Tomcat 5.0.28 installed on my Windows XP machine.  Under
webapps I have a website installed, and under the website I have a *.wmv
file installed.  If I access this file through Internet Explorer as
http://<machine_name>:8080/mysite/test.wmv, the file does not open in
media player, but displays as text.  I have made sure that the web.xml has
the mime type defined.  If I access the file as
http://localhost:8080/mysite/test.wmv, the file will be played in media
file.  If I access the file from a different machine and access as
http://<machine_name>:8080/mysite/test.wmv, the file will be played in
media player.  My question is, if I am logged into my machine and I access
the file using the machine name, why is it displayed as text, but
localhost works?  Thank you.