Posted to dev@pegasus.apache.org by Venkat Datta <nh...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/26 08:27:18 UTC

Venkat Datta: Self Introduction

Hello everyone!
I'm a distributed systems enthusiast. I'm interested in contributing to
Apache Pegasus.

Can anyone point me to beginner level tasks that could be picked up.
Also, please let me know if there's any slack or any other messaging group
to reach out to the community.

Thanks,
Venkat Datta

Re: Venkat Datta: Self Introduction

Posted by Tao Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Certainly. It's my pleasure to lead you inside the community.

We have a slack group: apache-pegasus.slack.com. I've sent
you an invitation.

As for the tasks, we are recently starting the translation of the
documentation. However, most of the resources are still in
Chinese, which might not be friendly for non-Chinese speakers.
It would be very appreciated if you can help us with the translation
first.

Another project we are planning is to extend the cold-backup in
Pegasus with more functionalities. There will be a new component
called "BackupManager" (written in Golang) that manages the stuff.
This project is under proposing, not yet come up with an issue.

It'd be more pleasant to see if you are looking for a storage system
like Pegasus in a real-world application. Glad to hear that this project
gets your interest.

Best Regards
Tao Wu

Venkat Datta <nh...@gmail.com> 于2020年9月26日周六 下午4:27写道: