Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de> on 2006/03/04 13:59:38 UTC

svn question [was: Re: current TRUNK seems to jcr/repotest/repository.xml]

Oliver Schalch wrote:
> Hoi Jörg,
>
> On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:06:34 +0100
> Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de> wrote:
>> <quote>
>> Initialization Problem
>>
>> Message:
>> /build/lenya_1_4_X/build/lenya/webapp/samples/blocks/jcr/repotest/repository.xml
>> (No such file or directory)

>> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
>> Cannot access configuration information at
>> file:/build/lenya_1_4_X/build/lenya/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf:1651:106
>>
>> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>> </quote>
>>
>> can anyone explain?
>
> I'm not sure why you get that error, since I tried to reprocude it, and
> it works smooth at my place (fresh svn up of both), my repository.xml I
> locate at:
> ./lenya_1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/modules/jackrabbit/repository/repository.xml
> ./lenya_1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/jcr-repository/repository.xml
>
> Somehow the path in your Message looks quite wrong.
>
> Probably I need some more information about your configuration or any
> other knows a better answer ;)

hmm. i have just done a clean checkout, and the problem is gone.

however, i did an "svn revert -R ." on both my cocoon and my lenya tree
the last time, and i was expecting to end up with a clean tree free of
any local changes (and mistakes)...

are there cases when svn revert does not catch all modifications
relative to the last update?

--
"Open source takes the bullshit out of software."
	- Charles Ferguson on TechnologyReview.com

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft

Re: svn question [was: Re: current TRUNK seems to jcr/repotest/repository.xml]

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El sáb, 04-03-2006 a las 13:59 +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier escribió:
>> Oliver Schalch wrote:
>>> Hoi Jörg,

>>> I'm not sure why you get that error, since I tried to reprocude it, and
>>> it works smooth at my place (fresh svn up of both), my repository.xml I
>>> locate at:
>>> ./lenya_1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/modules/jackrabbit/repository/repository.xml
>>> ./lenya_1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/jcr-repository/repository.xml
>>>
>>> Somehow the path in your Message looks quite wrong.
>>>
>>> Probably I need some more information about your configuration or any
>>> other knows a better answer ;)
>> hmm. i have just done a clean checkout, and the problem is gone.
>>
>> however, i did an "svn revert -R ." on both my cocoon and my lenya tree
>> the last time, and i was expecting to end up with a clean tree free of
>> any local changes (and mistakes)...
>>
>> are there cases when svn revert does not catch all modifications
>> relative to the last update?
>>

> Well all changes that are under revision controll should be catched.
> What does svn st gives?
>
> All e.g. "?" not and neither "C" AFAIR will be reverted.

unfortunately i had to delete the old tree for lack of diskspace.

> You may want to bookmark http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ ;)

thanks for that pointer!

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El sáb, 04-03-2006 a las 13:59 +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier escribió:
> Oliver Schalch wrote:
> > Hoi Jörg,
> >
> > On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:06:34 +0100
> > Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de> wrote:
> >> <quote>
> >> Initialization Problem
> >>
> >> Message:
> >> /build/lenya_1_4_X/build/lenya/webapp/samples/blocks/jcr/repotest/repository.xml
> >> (No such file or directory)

> >> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
> >> Cannot access configuration information at
> >> file:/build/lenya_1_4_X/build/lenya/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf:1651:106
> >>
> >> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
> >> </quote>
> >>
> >> can anyone explain?
> >
> > I'm not sure why you get that error, since I tried to reprocude it, and
> > it works smooth at my place (fresh svn up of both), my repository.xml I
> > locate at:
> > ./lenya_1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/modules/jackrabbit/repository/repository.xml
> > ./lenya_1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/jcr-repository/repository.xml
> >
> > Somehow the path in your Message looks quite wrong.
> >
> > Probably I need some more information about your configuration or any
> > other knows a better answer ;)
>
> hmm. i have just done a clean checkout, and the problem is gone.
>
> however, i did an "svn revert -R ." on both my cocoon and my lenya tree
> the last time, and i was expecting to end up with a clean tree free of
> any local changes (and mistakes)...
>
> are there cases when svn revert does not catch all modifications
> relative to the last update?

Well all changes that are under revision controll should be catched.
What does svn st gives?

All e.g. "?" not and neither "C" AFAIR will be reverted.

You may want to bookmark http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ ;)

salu2
--
thorsten