Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Alexander S <al...@ibsplc.com> on 2006/02/02 07:30:25 UTC

One Scenario

Hi

I am running JMeter from a centralized system, which is connecting to
five different remote clients ( which is running JMeter-Server.bat )

In the Test Plan, I have to give an unique number as input in the
testing application ( for which I am using a counter function in
JMeter ).

Since I am connecting to five remote clients, the same newly generated
number is being used to all the five clients. I wanted five different
numbers to be generated, so that each of the remote client will get an
unique number. How can this be done ?

Thank you.

With Regards
Alexander

Re: One Scenario

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 02/02/06, Alexander S <al...@ibsplc.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am running JMeter from a centralized system, which is connecting to
> five different remote clients ( which is running JMeter-Server.bat )
>
> In the Test Plan, I have to give an unique number as input in the
> testing application ( for which I am using a counter function in
> JMeter ).
>
> Since I am connecting to five remote clients, the same newly generated
> number is being used to all the five clients. I wanted five different
> numbers to be generated, so that each of the remote client will get an
> unique number. How can this be done ?

Use a property to define the start count and set a different value for
each one in the jmeter.properties file on each server node - or on the
command-line that starts the server. I suggest 1,2,3,4,5.

Then define the counter to start at the number given by the property,
and increase by 5 each time.

Alternatively, use a file with CSV Data Set, and use different files
for each server.