Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/18 23:15:20 UTC

Range query and Highlighting

If I use a combined query - range query and others (term query), all terms
in field matched is highlighted. Any way to highlight only the term(s) in
term query?
Here is example.

+date:{20031231 TO *] +(title:red)

It highlight all terms except stopword.

using fq would not be an option because there may be multiple term queries
and boolean queries combined.

Any idea?

Jae

Re: Range query and Highlighting

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
You can specify an "alternate" query to use for highlighting purposes, with
the "hl.q" parameter. It doesn't affect the query results, but lets you
control which terms get highlighted.

See:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters#hl.q

-- Jack Krupansky