Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Jun HE <ju...@apache.org> on 2022/06/06 12:25:42 UTC

[Discussion] support OpenEuler in Bigtop?

OpenEuler is a distro initiated by Huawei and it is in rapid evolvement.
From its stat [1] OpenEuler has 300+ organization members and received
pretty many deployments in enterprise users, especially in China. I'm
wondering about your idea about OpenEuler support in Bigtop. The packages
management in OpenEuler is dnf based, which means it should be easy to port
our existing stack to OpenEuler. If the community is interested in this I
can do some exploration. :)

1. https://datastat.openeuler.org/en/overview

Re: [Discussion] support OpenEuler in Bigtop?

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 07, 2022 at 09:35PM, Jun HE wrote:
> Fully agree with Cos's comments. Yes, we need to ensure there are enough
> resources, not only HW but also people's bandwidth, to contribute or a new
> distro support will become an extra burden besides the existing list. I
> think the Linaro folks can discuss with the OpenEuler community the details
> of how they could support.

+1, Linaro's team effort would be a great example of how it should be done.

Cos

Posted by Jun HE <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ganesh Raju <ga...@linaro.org>.
OpenEuler has a SIG and is willing to commit 1 dedicated engineer for
development and fixes for this support.

Thanks
Ganesh

IRC: ganeshraju@#linaro on irc.freenode.ne <http://irc.freenode.net/>t

Re: [Discussion] support OpenEuler in Bigtop?

Posted by Yuqi Gu <gu...@apache.org>.